Sunday, December 2, 2012

R=2MG/c^2



Have you ever had a mood foul enough that you felt your soul could be classified as a black hole. A mood so bad that as others try to cheer you up you feel like returning the favor by absorbing and crushing all happiness and light that passes your personal event horizon into the near nothingness of a singularity.

Well shame on you if you have.

It may be hard to believe that someone of my caliber could harbor a foul mood but it can happen even to the few of us that are almost perfect. I seem to be most susceptible to this particular type of mood on Sunday for some strange reason. Actually I know the reasons but knowing them doesn't really help. I could even list them out for others to see but I won't for fear that unleashing the list may cause a cascade of foul moods that could collapse civilization as we know it. That, or maybe others will just realize how petty I can be.

Now that I am back from church I am getting better. In fact...doing this blog on Sunday mornings seems actually to help me sometimes. It often affords me a few moments to reflect on the good stuff going on and refocus on what is really important before the mass of my bitterness folds space and time in on itself.

So on with the good stuff.
  • Daddy started his Scouting duties this week. We went to City Hall and learned about our responsibilities as citizens.

  • Picked up a new project.We bought it off Craigslist for 350$. I think I have about 200$ worth of work to do to it (if my time were worth nothing that is...)

  • Thing 1 had a birthday. He chose as his activity to take us to the movies and we give "Ice Age- Continental Drift" 2 tiny thumbs up (Mommy asked why "tiny thumbs"--kids have tiny thumbs). Mommy made him a "Ninjago" cake as requested. (click here if you care to learn more about Ninjago than anyone should ever need to...)
Defending his cake.
Mommy trying to show how to do this "A-maze-ing" card

Thing 1 reading his own B-Day card for the 1st time.
So here we are into December now. Things are not going to lighten up as far as busy factor goes. I'm in a better mood now. Maybe I will go eat another slice of leftover birthday cake to ensure that I stay that way...
T.M.


No comments: