Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sticky Situations

The temperature dropped a little this last week, but not nearly as much as our last home.
Geekiest weather web site ever: http://weatherspark.com

I took the opportunity to do a little energy audit walking around the house using the highest available technology, my hands and bare tootsie. I quickly determined that a trip to homedepo was required to pick up door weather stripping and some spray foam.


Spray foam...The brand I got was called "Great Stuff" but the major real active ingredient  is technically called a isocyanic acid polymethylenepolyphenylene ester polymer. When you read the name it should scare you a little. If it doesn't then you are just as naive as I was about it's malicious nature. Oh I like it when it does what it should but for the love of all that is wholesome don't get it on your hands! The ordeal that followed was humors to all involved but the major participant.(see the detailed story in the earlier post if you want to enjoy the depths of my stupidity)


We had several other adventured this week but those stories will probably need to wait:
  • Thing 1 took Daddy to "Dudes and Doughnuts" at his school. (a chance for Dads and children to have some doughnuts with staff in the morning). 
  • Daddy had a 1 day trip to Omaha Nebraska Thurs night and Friday. 
  • We tore out the range and bought an oven off Craigslist and 
  • we had a homeless guy over for a while and learned some stuff about panhandling.

Mommy and I just took a phone call for the invitation to speak in church on the 25th so we will now proceed to lament our bad luck and procrastinate preparing for the inevitable for the rest of the day...

1 comment:

Brent Mortensen said...

1. I'm not 100% sure what your"tootsie" is, but I hope I never see it.
2. Unless it has "Great Stuff" on it, in which case that might be entertaining.
3. Dude, you were in Omaha? That where our temple is. Next time, call us.