| Gloves Good! Bare Hands BAD! |
Sunday, November 11, 2012
isocyanic acid polymethylenepolyphenylene ester polymer
As promised here is the near depths of my stupidity...(I say "near" because I never cease to amaze myself)
During my 5 minute project I had an unruly foam worm that was in process of being extruded from the applicator tip. It did not want to venture into its home and so I kindly usher it there with 2 fingers...no big deal...I kept those 2 fingers quarantined from the rest of the workforce and when I was done I went into the bathroom to clean up...I flipped on the water and proceeded to wash my hands...I came to find out there is a warning on the back of the can to"not use water". The stuff got everywhere on my hands...I remembered when I use to get sap on my hands in the woods that I would just get some dirt and rub my hands in it till the sap would "pill" off. I went outside and tried that trick only to find out that it did not improve my situation but the dirt catyalized the curing reaction in some way.The results was a very durable second skin of a different pigment making my hands a deep mocha color. I can not describe the strength of this stuff but does not peal off! It was as impressive as depressive. The only way to remove it is "mechanically" and it sometimes requires that a layer or 2 of skin is sacrificed in the process. My hands hurt today from the literal hours of scrubbing but I am back to original ethnicity and void of the appearance of some form of necrotic tissue disease except for sporadically between my finger prints in some locations. Come to find out, there are whole forums dedicated to this removal process revealing hundreds of people that have suffered from this "Great Stuff" but please learn from my stupidity and never mess with that stuff bare handed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment