Monday, July 12, 2021

Still here...for now.

It's about time to get back to posting regularly. It is a shame that I put big gaps in these...only because the gaps often have a whole bunch of things happen in them that I in my aging brain may forget about if I don't record.

Madison and Millie wrapped up their school year with standardized testing and by all measurements homeschooling was very successful this year for them. Eleanor and Zachery are about done but that is the beauty of home-schooling. They can keep it up through the summer as long as they need to.

Millie's current frog nursery project.

Marshall flew off to fish camp with cousins and Grandpa in Alaska. He has made two calls home and the kids think he sounds so much older over the phone. To his parents he sounded tired but we are proud of his attitude and happy they have had some full nets to work. Looking forward to seeing if he can out arm-wrestle his old man when he gets back! 


Zachery- A few weeks ago I broke a window with a slingshot (from inside the house), the rule was that I would not be able to watch movies until I had fixed the window, but yesterday the window was and now all I have left to do is pay my dad back for the glass, the time and the glue. Yeah!!!



Mommy had time now that school is done to play operation...Doohp! She is a pro and has more experience than the rest of us at it. 


Marshall got me a shirt for Fathers day. Fits perfect...


Mommy - The above picture is of our class graduation party (June 19th) held at a cute venue in Woodland called the Red Barn, it was fun to celebrate with friends and family. I can't believe that school is over and that it's time to move on to the next phase...getting a job!!! I would really like to stay in Battle Ground, but will go where it feels right. On June 22, I took the written National Board Dental Hygiene Exam and wasn't confident that I passed, but got my results last week and passed it! A huge relief. I'm so grateful for all of the help and support that Tim and the kids gave me while going through this journey. It has been the hardest thing I've ever done, but a lifelong dream and so worth it. I'm also grateful for heavens help and have had so many miracles along the way. I've always doubted my abilities but one of my good friends that I made in the program said a great quote that I will always remember, "If God brings you to it, He will get you through it!" He definitely brought me all the way and made up the difference where I lacked. I have so much still to learn but am excited about where my education will take me and my family next. 






2 comments:

Tom & Dixie said...

Loved the updates. Had to copy/paste the family photo.

Casey Taylor said...

Congratulations on paddy your boards! So proud of you, Melissa!!