Sunday, July 5, 2015

Goodbye June....Hello July


June almost slipped past us before we documented anything. Daddy needs to go to a church meeting so I leave this post in Mommy's capable hands...



So, these are pics from the 2nd week of June. We were invited to go to a beautiful lake called Lake Wilderness with another family that we are friends with.  They brought their kayaks and the kids had fun taking turns trying them out. Mommy and Dadday went out and explored the lake a little then had a race back to the shore. Daddy won after pulling a sneaky move on mommies kayak. I want a rematch!!!







We had a multi-family garage sale with other people on our block and a few people from church. It was a good chance to meet neighbors. We didn't get rid of much, but our kids had fun selling some of their things and running the "free" lemonade stand with their friends that came to our house to garage sale their things too. (donations were gladly excepted!) I was surprised, they actually made a couple dollars each!





After cleaning up from the garage sale, daddy and I had a hot date. We ate some awesome food at the Olive Garden, and then daddy took me out dancing!.....romantic.....right??? well, thats what we thought it would be. The first hour was instruction (that night they taught the Waltz) then the next two hours were DJ'd for those that wanted to strut what they learned on the dance floor. (this was at an LDS social Dance Club)We started out together and then had to switch partners with everyone and didn't get to dance with each other again until the last 5 minutes of instruction time. Uuhg! Yeah, that was a little awkward, OK let's be honest (really awkward) but we stuck it through and enjoyed dancing together when the actual dance started. when we did get back together though, I will have to say that daddy had learned the moves pretty well, I was impressed. I'm so grateful that he was willing to do something that i was interested in, and even turned out to be pretty good at it. Marriage is kinda like a dance, we don't always know all the steps, and sometimes we step on our partners toes, but to make it work we have to help each other and learn together. I couldn't ask for a better partner in this dance called Marriage. Thank you Tim!



Daddy got a sprinkler for the kids to play in. that way we could multitask, water the grass and entertain the kids, oh yeah, and cool off. it's up in the 90's this week. so grateful for a/c.....seriously, we include the thanks in our prayers every night.








If the neighbors thought that having tires in our front yard was bad, I hope they saw our new lawn decor.
Daddy finished redoing the downstairs bathroom and part of the process included switching out the toilet. the old one is now part of the retaining wall in the back in a thousand little pieces. The bathroom looks really good now and now we can start finishing other projects that need to be done. we've have fun seeing the changes and progress made.

That's all for this week.!!!

1 comment:

Brent said...

Goodbye July...hello August.