Had a 2 day vacation Thurs and Friday with the kids. Not to far away is a hotel called the Great Wolf Lodge. When you stay overnight you get passes to their indoor water-park. The kids had a blast. They have a bunch of water-slides, a wave pool, a kids area, and a pretty big assortment of ways to get wet. They keep the place 85 degrees inside so it feels like a Florida beach without the sand.
Mommy liked the wave pool.By the end of our stay we felt comfortable enough to bring Eleanore into the pool when the big waves were going and jump around with her too...
The kids had a cute little "cabin" of their own in our room and watched a movie from the bunk beds inside.
Marshall learned that a life jacket may not look cool but sure helps when you fall off your lily-pad. He loved the water slides and probably climbed more stairs during our stay than the combined total from his entire life to that point...
Zachery makes friend pretty easy...These funny guys tooled around most of one afternoon. I worried at first that they would get in trouble together but Logan was a real good kid and I think he actually kept Zach out of trouble on more than one occasion I noticed. The trip was fun and I am glad we got home early enough to relax after the micro vacation.
Daddy had a speaking assignment for church today and gave the parable of the "purple permanent pen" and "the foolish man built his plane in the garage".
Check out the awesome setup below...
This amazing project is sponsored by Red-Green. I figure I dump ~25 kW into the tub to bring it up to temp and this setup can do it in about 2 hours. That is a copper radiator sitting atop of my burn barrel fire ring. The steam smoke/steam that rolls out is only a few degrees warmer than the surrounding air and that is it's biggest problem, the smoke doesn't rise, it hangs in the air and doesn't dissipate unless there is a wind. I am waiting for the fire department to stop by....again.









3 comments:
Looks Fun!!! (and warm)
Red Green strikes again! You can change! LOL
Red Green strikes again! You can change! LOL
Post a Comment