Flat Stanley has been our family guest for the past few weeks...As usual, we have been horrible hosts...He went without a few meals and is looking a little thinner than normal. We put him in the car and forgot about him for a few days. One family member tried to eat him and he barley escaped without losing a limb or worse. Oh, and he doesn't fair very well in the Seattle rain. Let that be a lesson to you people...Visit at your own risk.
Most of Stanly's adventures during the past few weeks seem to revolve around hospitals. His first real family outing was into Seattle to visit Sam's new baby brother. Congratulations Rachel and Chris!
![]() |
| Stanley Photo-bombing again... |
I think the most "fun" we have had with Stanley happened at the tail end of this last week. We made our costumes for the Trunk-or-treat in the parking lot of the church Friday night and they turned out way cooler than I expected...There is a family in our ward named the Knights and we had joked weeks ago about them coming as the miner family and we would come as the knight family.
On Saturday Zach, Madison and Millie attended a costume contest at Fred Myers. In the parking lot Marshall got embarrassed and didn't want to dress-up. He is at that age and it surprised me a little how grown up he is getting. I had to smile...while I was putting on my helmet to walk into the store I wanted to make it clear that if he didn't want to it was OK (especially since I was starting to feel a little silly too at that point) but if he didn't participate then he couldn't split the prize if one of the other kids won. He agreed and I almost chickened out too at how silly his dear old dad must have looked. Well. We won the contest. We made lots of people smile because we were the only entries in the entire store. In the end I think Marshall learned a lesson that I still need to relearn once in a while. Don't miss out on doing something good or fun just because you are embarrassed.
If the fruit is good, eat, enjoy, and forget about that large and spacious building.
Favorite Food: Pumpkin Cookies, Daddy's Chicken Gnocchi Soup completely from scratch (yes I rolled the gnocchi myself)
Books this week: Nada...I need a new one people...What was that book you suggested Brent? I canna' remember it laddie...










4 comments:
Can't remember which book we were talking about. Could have been this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N2HC4C?btkr=1
Or this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Partials-Sequence-Dan-Wells/dp/0062071041/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=1-1&qid=1414373546
You've proven yourselves worthy hosts with Stan, expect a live child in the mail soon.
I was just going to write that at least we didn't send you a real kid with how you took care of Flat Stanley. Proof that I'm a much better parent. Thanks for taking Stanley on and having fun with him.
Cute costume idea - creative as always. Love you all.
Thanks Brent...I might need to start screening the comments because of you...Melissa was sitting with me when I looked up the 1st book and she wondered what the heck I was doing...HA! revenge must be sought...This could get ugly.
Post a Comment