Sunday, March 23, 2014

It's getting redder...

If a Redneck gets more more Rednecky do you call him a "Redderneck"?


I tossed the old cabinets in the front yard out, and put in their place a bunch of used truck tires...I'm trying to see which one of the neighbors will complain first. So far they just gave me funny looks when I started taking a sawzall to the side walls. They are familiar with my shenanigans so nobody has asked what crazy project I have going on currently. I'm sure they have learned not to ask such questions for fear of being caught in my vortex of insanity. Redneck engineering will be taken to new heights (or is it depths) very soon...

This dude is my current hero...
Mommy bought her new oven yesterday. Daddy found just what she was looking for on clearance and in a flash of plastic we were that much poorer. We also checked out a place that quoted us granite counter tops for a really decent price. I never considered granite before but competition is pretty fierce around here because imported stone comes in from overseas at the port here, and access to it is pretty easy evidently. I think tomorrow we will decide which way to go.

Here is  the question of the week... What did we do before the internet and is it helpful or hindering ? Simple scenario: Our can opener died (teeth wore out) and I had one of these dodads in the bottom of the kitchen gadget drawers..

I couldn't figure it out on my own so I googled it (anonymously and without embarrassment) and 2 seconds later I was watching a YouTube with some 20 year-old guy showing me how to use this can-opener. Is the internet making us dumber...I would like to think it is just saving me from showing others how dumb I am... but wait, I think I just blew that therory out of the water by blogging about my ignorance.

I actually have found the internet to be a tool much the same as a canopener. Used wisely it "canopen" whole areas of communication, knowledge, and fun. It can open cans of worms too so be carefull out there folks. We wrap-up this little episode with a picture of the family listening to the scriptures being read by our friendly internet scripture voice from www.LDS.org.

No comments: