Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sea Sick

I should have listened to that little voice. We all awoke on Saturday excited for all the things planned and I shrugged off the little warning to"stay home". Thing II said he was feeling a bit sick but at the time I thought he just ate too much captain crunch. Later that day I had the opportunity to verify the quantity of cereal he ate...it was nowhere near crunchy by then.

We cruised into the big city to catch the Chinese New Year festivities in China Town and to see the Seattle Boat Show. We didn't make it far because 30 minutes after we arrived the little man heave-hoed over his stern. He had decent timing luckily because he made it off the new $650,000 sail boat we were just poking our noses in. Usually Thing II is hard to keep up with but after that he looked so pathetic I knew we needed to go home. No dim sum this weekend...come back 1 year.




Thing II stayed home from church with Grandma and Grandpa M today. He and Grandma made perler bead designs and he seems to be doing much better (now that he may have passed it along to everyone else)...


 Thing 1 now has a new favorite video game. I actually prefer to give him time with this one over his other ones as Grandpa's Flight simulator has some correlation to reality.

 
I was told that I needed to post a bunch more pictures so here are some of Little Bird 2's Birthday Party. She liked her "Squish Baby" cake but was a little concerned about setting it alight and then taking a knife to it...


 
We are going to have our family Superbowl Party tomorrow and watch the recorded game. Our family has never watched an entire football game on TV before and I think we are going to have Mommy and the Boys cheer for the Seahawks and I'll take the Broncos with the girls. I'll have to explain to the boys the rules (after I look them up on Wikipedia) and maybe we will make it through the last half...or the highlights...or maybe we will just watch the commercials...Better yet...Maybe we will just eat the snacks and pick a good movie.
Go Hawks? I Mean ...ahem...GO HAWKS!

Favorite Food: Gumbo from The Tap Room with some of their draft brewed root-beer.

1 comment:

Tom & Dixie said...

Love the pictures!! Miss you!!