Sunday, October 27, 2013

This&that

During lunch a few moments ago I asked the family what I should blog about since I was pulling a giant blank...
Thing 1: "You should write about having the our friends over Friday night and watching Snurfs and carving pumpkins...and...and..." (we exchange babysitting nights with another couple with 3 kids)
Thing 2 (while taking a big bite of chicken): "You should write about MEAT. I love meat!"
Princess 1: "Daddy! you are eating all the popcorn!"
Mommy: "It's amazing...we can make more...EAT."
Daddy: " I could write about our failed allowance idea. How much does Thing II have left anyways..."(out of 5$ they would lose 1 quarter per rule infraction.)
Mommy:"50 cents. Thing 1 has $2.50"
About this time Princess 2 points and grunts for something else to eat (she still doesn't find any need to talk)


The fall colors are really nice right now. The kids like raking the leaves in the yard. We are making tiny little dents in the house projects around here. Princess 3 is putting on the pounds. (It's the only time in her life I can say that sort of thing and it be a complement.) Here are some random pictures from Mommy's camera this week.




Finished reading: Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett
“Vimes struggled to his feet, shook his head and set off after it. No thought was involved. It is the ancient instinct of terriers and policemen to chase anything that runs away.”― Terry Pratchett

“Just because someone's a member of an ethnic minority doesn't mean they're not a nasty small-minded little jerk.” ― Terry Pratchett


Finished eating: Grilled Crab and Fondue Sandwich

No comments: