Sunday, September 1, 2013

1 year...

I had a Polynesian friend from Hawaii that use to sing Bob Marley songs as we drove around in a car years ago. He sang this little song about 3 little birds. He would repeat the same lyrics over and over again and about drove me crazy about singing about how "everything was going to be alright"...I never had the heart to stop him because he was always so happy singing (that, and he was one big dude). I had not thought about this song in years until this morning when I was sitting in church with my 3 little girls in the pew. It all the sudden came into my mind and I haven't been able to shake it all day...


If you too wish to have it stuck in your head click here...


We have been here in our new home officially 1 year yesterday. It's been fun but I am just a little disappointed at how far I have made it on most my projects...The house is not done...the plane is not done...we have not traveled as much as I wanted...we haven't even explored around here as much as I planned.

On the positive side: Everyone is healthy. Everything works in the house, and no-one is starving around here. (not for long here anyways because Daddy is going to eat dinner here real soon!)   
  • School starts Tues for Thing I and Thing II. (Mommy is almost as excited as they are)
  • Little Bird #1 scored the family 2 free tickets to the fair with her coloring skills in a Fred-Myers contest.(for the second time in a row!!!)
  • We woke up at 6:30 this morning with hopes of having the kids catch a nap before 11am church. I think it helped because Little Bird # 2 stayed in nursery both hours!
  • I had a dream last night that I think I am going to develop into the premiss of a book.
  • Making home grown sun-dried tomatoes using Aunt S. truck as a solar dehydrator...
  • Had a super rain storm Thurs night between 4 and 5 pm... at our house we almost had an inch of rain in 30ish minutes...It was coming down hard!
  • Picked up a sectional couch for FREE!
  • Little Bird #3 is still as quiet as ever, super good sleeper, and Mommy is grateful she has a calm baby to snuggle. 
Favorite Food: Mommy made some awesome lasagna. Easy too. Layer, throw it in the freezer, pull it out the night before and toss it in the oven. IT was truthfully the best lasagna I have ever had.

Movie of the week: Fiddler on the Roof. I sang along with the "If I were a Rich Man" song...If only.

2 comments:

Tom & Dixie said...

Love reading the blog - Keep up the good work!!

Thebiggestkidatheart said...

i also realized... are you two pittsburg steelers fans? that background design looks awefully like the steelers logo... http://dubsism.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/pittsburgh-steelers-logo.gif