Sunday, July 14, 2013

Simple things...

I have used the same bar of soap in the shower for the last 6 months...this statement could indicate that I should shower on a more regular basis but I would like to quell that thought with my statistical personal average of 7.2 showers per week. Instead, I would like draw attention towards a tiny little invention implemented by Mommy some 5 years ago. She took a bar of soap and wrapped it with wool and said it would last longer that way...I, with great skepticism, tossed it into a drawer and promptly forgot about it. 5+ years later when we moved down from AK we unpacked this little bar of soap and I vowed to use it or throw it away. The stupid tittle thing never would go away....you could scrub, scrub, scrub all you liked and it would never seem to diminish in size. Well...I finally killed it...Mommy took her shower this morning and verified that the soap is finally all gone...

1st zucchini of may more to come
We are painting downstairs this weekend and we are basically done due mainly to this cool little paint stick we picked up for 20 bucks from HomeDepot. Not to sound like an infomercial but I was really impressed at how simple it was to use. Suck up some paint like a syringe and spit it out like a caulking gun through the roller. Cleaning it is as easy as 1-2-3, and if you act now....Actually, cleaning it kind of stinks but I hate cleaning anything. Carpet goes in this week...

Daddy bought a table saw this last week. The people we meet on Craigslist are always awesome. Mommy brought home 4 bags of baby girl clothes from the same place.


I told the little man to wear pants...
Favorite food this week. Need  to mention 2 this week. Zucchini Bread and  Fresh Blackberry Pie! The first of every fruit is ripening up right now and the kids love blackberry picking. They are getting better at not getting, as Princess 1 puts it, "prickles in my pants". Thing II learned his lesson that you always wear pants after trying to tango with the beastly blackberry bushes one night this week. He still picked berries like a wild man and has the scrapes to show for it.

Movie of the Week: Flushed Away. The kids enjoyed it with their baby sitter (Sariah) while Mommy and Daddy had a date night strolling along the ocean after dinner at a highly recommended Mexican restaurant. Just make sure you sitl a little ways away from the mariachi band.

Currently Reading: Wyrd Sisters, by Terry Pratchett

Mommy is enjoying what we have dubbed the "Mommy Manatee Class" at the hospital pool. She splashes around with a bunch of other pregnant aquatic mammals for about an hour and they call it a workout. I don't think I will be able to prove any work out exists because it sounds to me like more dangerous place for a daddy with a camera than any shark infested waters I have ever heard of. You will need to imagine all the fun they have because pictures aren't happening.

2 comments:

Thebiggestkidatheart said...

I'm glad you enjoy Terry Pratchett as we do!

Tom & Dixie said...

Love seeing pictures of the kids!!