Sunday, June 23, 2013

They asked for it....

As I was assisting the children with putting on our shoes to go to church this morning, I had a bundle of re-useable zip ties in my back pocket. Thing 2 wanted to know what they were for and I gave him a few unimpressive examples. It was not until I mentioned Uncle J and N using them on the job to handcuff bad guys that they seemed to comprehend their usefulness. Immediately, both the boys wanted to see how this worked and excitedly volunteered to be the first one handcuffed....I told them I would tie them up after they were ready to walk out the door for Church. Somehow this promise speed both of them up.

A few minutes later Daddy was following 3 children while carrying one on the way to the van parked on the curb. Mr and Mrs Neighbor down the street were on a Sabbath-day stroll past out house. They were passing our van and realize that something was strange about this little family all dressed up for Church.The converation went like this:
Mr. Neighbor: "Hello (Thing 1), beautiful morn..." (voice sort of trailed off at that point as his jaw dropped)
Thing 1 smiling: "Hi! My Daddy Tied me up!"
Thing 2 also smiling: "Yeah, it kind of hurts if we move too much!"
Daddy semi defensively: "You were asking for it...I mean you wanted it...um..."
Mrs Neighbor in a truly concerned voice: "You can get those off...Right?"
Daddy nervously: "Oh yeah...Easy...Um...This looks really bad...Don't turn me into Social services...I can explain...See I have 2 brothers that work as police and..."
In the end I think the neighbors laughed and retreated away in a fairly casual manner. Social Services hasn't shown up yet so they either bought the story or I psychologically have scared them enough to keep them from talking.

Other news...
    Anyone want some red carpet?
  • Carpet and trim are now all gutted from downstairs
  • The family went to a Church Open House Friday and consumed more pie that should be legal.
  • Thing 1 had his last 1st grade school day Thurs.(Mommy has no idea how long she can keep sane)
  • Daddy invented a Food Group Game for Scouts. Like phase 10 only cooler because the kids made the cards.

Favorite food: Sweet Potato Pie
Project: Re-setup the hot tub for Mommy as a cold tub...It's getting warm!

2 comments:

Brent said...

Next time you tie them up also add a couple pebbles to one of their shoes and they'll walk with a limp.

Tom & Dixie said...

Love to read your blog!! Mom