The fair was great but there were WAY too many workshops and classes I wanted to attend. They had stuff from "Alpacas herds for beginners" to "Zero emission motorcycle building". I'm not exaggerating there, those were just 2 of the 100 plus workshops we could have attended. Mommy and the kids had fun but I think Daddy had more fun than everybody else put together.
![]() |
| For a limited time I have several of the engines this car is powered by at work. |
| Is that a Lama or Alpaca? The kids should be able to tell you now. |
- Daddy liked the class on Value-added Processing by Fred Berman and really is thinking about getting 3-4 chickens next year after the "What the Cluck?" seminar.
- Mommy went to an intermediate bread making class and a yogurt demonstration.
- Thing 1 helped build a mini wood fired oven. (we will probably be building a big one in a few weeks at home)
- Thing 2 liked petting the Alpacas and asking every vendor for samples.
- And the girls liked the chicks and ducklings. (The littlest one found the Pacific Northwest Gardening techniques a bit dull though)
![]() |
| Thing 1 getting his hands messy making a clay oven. |
Other things this week...Mommy is crazy...She is looking at all her options for the Aug delivery and nothing is looking good. She is considering forgoing the miracles of modern science and trying this labor thing...Sounds like a lot of work if you ask me.
Bud (our neighbor across the way) offered us rhubarb and raspberry starts from his garden. We finally took him up on them this weekend.
Thing 1 beat my score of 101 on his Beat-Bop game with his score of 120. I promised him he could go out for ice-cream if he ever could beat my score and I didn't realize he had been practicing! (That's cheating in my book but Mommy sided with him). If only the little man would follow my directions as promptly as he does the little directions in that electronic game...
I would like to report that my 1st attempt at root-beer could do with some tweaking. Less molasses and honey, more anise and cherry bark on the next batch.


No comments:
Post a Comment