Sunday, February 10, 2013

Half-assembled Projects

One of the great things about Blogs is that you can feed your audience whatever you wish...You can cook it up any way you want. Weather it's 100% organic or you includes some artificial flavors, colors and a few preservatives is the writers discretion. It's like any story, you can tell it the way you like. I personally prefer to not tell bold faced lies to the three people who frequent this blog. Instead I find it a lot more fun to just angle things a little. Take the following pictures for example..

Picture of the beautiful floor (click here)...(Taken back around Thanksgiving)

Reality is more like this...
I never finished the the thing yet..the stairs, the end of the hall, the trim, or the carpet transitions....It is easier to blog that the floor looks great and let everyone think it is done. No harm in that right?

Most of my projects land in this condition for a few weeks. I get ~75% done and get either distracted or interrupted. Time is my major enemy but I will claim A.D.D. as one of my excuses too. It seems to happen when a project is just cresting the "satisfactory" plateau. Once on that level, the effort to complete the remaining work seems to get exponentially more difficult. Usually I stand above my creations on day 4-ish and proclaim "It is good...enough.".

This week is really no different. I continued the trend by almost finishing the bathroom exhaust fan wiring and I put on half the handles on the new kitchen cabinets. If I had a whole month off work I would not be able to complete half of the half-assembled projects I have around. I figure that having one cheek on the bench is better than both in the dirt any day.

Other things...
Food of the week: Coco Cake from Costco (remnants form coworker's B-day celebration)
Mongolian Grill's "Make your own dish" for Date night
Daddy had a Physical Fitness test for scouts...it was not pretty.
Kids had "play group" and at the park it felt like spring time already.
Princess 2 is walking more and more...Maybe we will do a video here soon.

2 comments:

Tom Taylor Family said...

I find that fantasy is usually much better than reality!

Brent said...

Face it, your a misunderstood artist. Doesn't anyone get that true art is ephemeral and is only of worth in the act of creation? Once something is finished, it's artistic value is dead except to the unrefined and unappreciative.
Hope that helps you justify your incomplete projects to Melissa, because it sure didn't help me with Lara.