Sunday, October 20, 2019

The Culinary Update Catalouges Of Us


We have gotten into a really bad habit around here...We live just 2 blocks from a Mal-Wart and every time we pass it the urge to check the reduced price rack in the bakery is always looming. "Moderation in all things" seems to fly out the window when you can pick up cakes and dough-nuts for a buck or two.

Late Friday night I returned the red-box movies that entertained the kids during date night ( a walk in the fall colors and a bite @ Wendy's...real ritzy, I know) and there I discovered a pizza that looked too good to pass up. It was a breakfast pizza made with a biscuit crust, had cheese, eggs, and sausage on it and the sauce was pepper gravy. Needless to say we have a new favorite breakfast.

Other adventures in the culinary world:

Tried and failed to make hand pulled noodles this week.






We ended up rolling them out and cutting them into strips. They tasted great but the hand pulled thing may evade our skills for a while yet.

Marshall and I went to a priesthood meeting and I am just so very impressed with the caliber of some youth these days. It seems that for some boys have become men while some men have become boys. Example: 10 minutes into the meeting the Stake President called up a Deacons Quorum President without prior warning to share his thoughts on a video that was presented. This young man shared his thoughts and testimony with fewer words and more powerfully than anyone that spoke for the hour thereafter. In the same room I witnessed a person a decade or two his senior the Deacon in age play on his phone the entirety of the meeting with the countenance of a spoiled toddler.... I on the other hand was wondering for the last 10 minutes if there was going to be ice-cream afterwards...

I had a totally different title picked out for this post this week but after I completed writing most of it I realized that in every single paragraph I mentioned food in some way. This may be an issue that catches up to me in my older age butt for now I will just keep watching to see if it grows... 

Oh, and cheesecake in the insta-pot works awesome. 😀👍

2 comments:

Tom & Dixie said...

Love the posts and seeing pics of the kids!!

Brent said...

Soooo, was there ice cream?