On Saturday our family attended a Disney-on-Ice show called "Let's Celebrate" at the Everett event center. It was so much fun! We were invited to watch it with another family from a different company that Daddy works with. Their company leases a luxury suite and had the event catered for just the 2 of our families. Thank you Rhino guys Ben and Nate for giving us such a treat and to Joseph and his family for being such great hosts.The kids talked about it all weekend. You caused a huge problem
now though…Mommy wants to take the kids to Disney World!
Seriously though, we really enjoyed it and the kids will
always remember it. I sure will.
Earlier in the week Marshall and Zachery were invited to a birthday party for a kid in the neighborhood scheduled at the same time as the show. They really wanted to go to the b-day party and when I told them we were planning to see the show they were disappointed to the point of thinking I was forcing them to attend. I tried to convince them that the show was going to be an experience they didn't want to miss but after a few more grumblings I calmly (that is the amazing part because I was about to get real mad) told them they could choose for themselves...If they wanted to attend the birthday party we would try to find a way to make that happen but if they choose not to come I didn't want to hear any complaining if the girls came back with awesome stories about the show... It was weird...Once the decision was placed in their hands I heard no more complaining and they decided to come along. Even funnier was that I think the boys liked the show more than the girls. They were not expecting some of the live special effects.
- Mommy liked Jack The Pumpkin king's music number for Halloween
- Marshall liked the the snow effects and the sparks shooting out of the wands
- Zachery liked the fire-knife dancers from the island celebration.
- Madison liked Goofy falling into the Un-birthday cake.
- Millie would point to characters and ask "Is dat Bell?", "Is dat No Ite?", "Is dat Buzz Ite Ear?"
- Eleanore liked the Pizza and grapes...
- Daddy liked watching the kids...
Other things this week:
Date night Mommy and I wrapped most the holiday gifts...Daddy had to unpackage one of the more technical ones. That one might not get wrapped again. I am really impressed with how much computing power a Ben Franklin can get you these days...I'll just continue "testing" it after the kids go to bed till Christmas...








No comments:
Post a Comment