Sunday, July 6, 2014

Building a 3omb...next year

I figured I detter mispell the post title this week...I think they are onto me..

In the town that we live in there is a ban on fireworks year-round, but they get pretty serious about it around the 4th of July. The city puts on a real nice public display and we attended it last year but we didn't want to wade into the crowds this time so it started Daddy thinking...We could do our own. I just needed to find the loop-hole in the regulations...Daddy should have called the fire marshal from a payphone when he asked where to find the regulations that define what a "firework" was. Evidently any consumer product labeled under  "UN0336 by the United States department of transportation at 49 C.F.R. Sec. 172.101 as of June 13, 2002" is a firework. The loophole is that Daddy will need to build his own from scratch next year. Snap Pops are the only thing unlabeled for purchase I have found (even sparklers are labeled).... I was a little bummed. Anyone with plans please contact me through secure channels.

While we were at the annual church breakfast the morning of the 4th, Bro Holt reminded us of the water bottle rockets we built in the past. After we got home we pulled out the launcher and the bike pump and after a quick stop to the 7-11 for Slurpees we were off to the park to launch our water projectiles. The kids had fun and made some new friends because everyone wanted a turn launching them.


That night we had a cookout and daddy "disposed of" some very old M-100s in a very safe manner. 

  • Food of the weeks: Redneck Sou-vied New-york stake for the company BBQ. Thanks Dad for the idea. It turned out awesome. Mommy is still mad it was employees only.
  • Movie this week: Nut Job...The kids laughed at it but Mommy gave-up halfway through and watched Psych upstairs instead.
  • Kids learned how to play Skipbo this weekend. Thing II won the last game and I call for a rematch.

No comments: