We had a tough start to Christmas morning. Thing II made an attempt on the life of his new baby betta fish at 5am by nearly dumping all the contents of his fish tank in the kitchen. The fish survived the ordeal but the boy nearly didn't. Mommy and I had an inkling that that the new pets might be a temptation to play with so on Christmas Eve we made the explicit rule "don't touch ANYTHING until the parental figures arise". Daddy feels almost as bad about his reaction to the ordeal as Thing II did about creating the ordeal (that statement was meant to be open for interpretation by the way...)I am fairly proud of the color changing fish-tanks I built form Ikea components. I can tell the fish appreciate the workmanship and I often catch a looks of awe on their face as the traverse the engineering marvels. I do have to say that my masterpiece is the one with the "above the waterline" fishy penthouse.
Fish, legos, guitar, puppets, klip klop ponies, and plenty of sugar later it was determined that the kid's favorite gift was Sticky Man!!! The 1 dollar toy that climbs down the window...Mommy received an electric blanket to warm up her frozen toes and we used the aprons from Grandma M. this morning at the breakfast table. We had pizza and root beer for Christmas dinner, ate popcorn and eggrolls played old Nintendo games until past our bedtimes.
Daddy got a "new" really, really old stove. I burnt my first pie in it already (just as Mommy predicted) but I plan to keep burning things until I don't anymore...its a zombie apocalypse thing...I threw the copper tubing into it as my redneck hot tub heater and it worked fairly well. At full burn there is a 15 degree rise between inlet and outlet.
Thing 1 had his baptismal interview tonight. Next Saturday is his big day and he is excited. For date night we picked him up scriptures. (He just read that last sentence over my shoulder and ruined the surprise so we gave them to him tonight.)








No comments:
Post a Comment