There is a price to pay for freedom...
25$ is the current going rate for three hours.
We found an awesome babysitter in the ward and left ALL the kids with her last night. This was the first time since we left Alaska that we have been free of the baby "boo-fa" (Click on this compendium for the listing of Mommy's many, many silly nicknames for the baby). For our date we went to a second hand book store, checked out flooring and cabinets for the house, and (of course it's not a date until you eat something) had a Korean Fried Chicken Pizza. Yum! (See favorite foods of the week for in-depth description) The only activity we didn't get around to was getting mommy's sugar free slurpee from 7-11.
The kids had fun with the babysitter and the baby was evidently better for her than she ever is with me. Now I know my ranking in the kids' line up of favorite people. I'm right in-between "Complete Stranger" and "Super Villain" I think.
Mommy's book of the week: "The Rent Collector", by Camron Wright
Good deed of the week: A very nice Asian lady was trying to hand me a bunch of money at the gas station after jumping out of a taxi (driven by a frustrated looking black man). She kept saying in very broken English "You take me, na ge (pronounce nah-guh), ne ga, train station.". Learned that "ne ga" = "that one" or is a filler sound like "um" in English. We got her home.
Bad deed of the week: Daddy blaming Thing II for breaking the dirtdevil. I was a bit rough on him and then Mommy has to go and find the missing piece in a location that points away from the second born. Good thing kids forgive easier than parents at times.
Favorite Food: That pizza...(Beer battered chicken tenders tossed in a Korean BBQ sauce over a base of sweet sesame chili oil topped with Asian Salad in a ginger vinaigrette, description stolen direct from the menu).
Outings: Kids and Mommy went to an early Halloween party and started their sugar intake early. Made a trip to the Dollar Store too!
Projects of the week: Enlarged drywall hole in kitchen wall, designed some possible cabinet arrangements, assembled the 1st piece of our cool puzzle sofa that came in the mail. I should get paid or something for this link.
**I have noticed that the way I write is about as organized as my brain is. It's a mess. In math and programing there is syntax for nestling statements within arguments, logic flow, goto statements, if-then clauses and matrices that can be followed by anyone that is versed in that particular code, mathematical discipline or programing language. My brain skips around, changes course mid flow, starts functioning correctly for brilliant (yet brief) periods, stops abruptly....I can't remember the point of this paragraph but I think it was either an apology for all the footnotes, parenthesizes, and tangents imbedded in these posts or a feeble attempt to make it seem like there actually was some semblance of sanity to my ramblings.
